"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Sunday 6 June 2010

Re-united at last!

Hello again everyone!

Sorry its been so long since my last post, been busy finishing my university life! But now June has arrived I can now relax a bit and enjoy some of this sunny weather we have been having by training for the Race for Life and to get rid of my wobbly bits for my holiday!

With the beautiful English weather peaking at up to 27 degrees this week, a running session was definitely out of the question. I wanted to spend my time eating ice-creams not being stretchered off to A & E after collapsing after trying to run just 100 yards.

But instead of lazying around sunbathing all day every day, me and my family went to Clumber Park for a lovely walk around and a picnic.

The warm weather has sent me on many a long walk this last past week. I hate sitting still in hot weather so I grab the dogs and a ice pop and head out on a lovely walk to get my daily exercise.

Since I have moved back home and student loans no longer exist (I am so not ready for the 'real world!') I can no longer afford the gyms prices so I've been using my mothers stepper that was gathering dust in the corner of the room. I managed to do 100 steps in 3 minutes before I felt like I was going to collapse.

I have let my fitness get to dire levels again. Damn comfort eating when I had exam/deadline stress! I'm trying to cut way back on chocolate and crisps - all the baddies in the food world! And to eat as much fruit/veg as I can to detox myself a bit as well! I don't want to be the lump people mistake for a beached whale on my jollies!

Anyway I am definitely going to fit a run in this week (since I have all this free time now University is over!) and I promise I will try and run at least a few miles. Or I'll end up walking on my own at Race for Life whilst my friends zoom past me and I won't be able to see them for dust! I don't want to let the side down!

Trainers are ready to be slipped on, sports bra is washed and ready to be stretched on again. Me and my old friend running are about to meet again. Lets hope we can run forward and brush my dodgy running past aside!

2 comments:

  1. So I know this is an old post, but my name just happens to be Sarah Wells also! And I am training for a 5K and working my way up to a Marathon! I am also blogging about it! I just decided to Google my name, and yours came up with your blog! Just wanted to stop by and say Hi! :) Hope your running is still going well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I have started running a few times, with weight yoyo'ing following suit, this time its for keeps though.

    ReplyDelete