"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Photos of the race!

Here is a run-down (nice little pun there) of race day in photographs. There isn't many of my actually running as my brother and Mum were only standing near the finish line and apparently I was running too fast past them! (Can you believe that too fast?!)


From the beginning:

Getting changed into our outfits at the side of the road!



That's the last smile I'd have on my face for a few hours. Little did I know what was in store for me...



Me and my Dad in our fetching outfits!



The only photo of me running near the finish (on the video you can see me more) I am there behind my Dad honest you can see my red joggy bottoms! I was just too fast to get a good shot, maybe I had smelt some hamburgers cooking across the finish line!



After walking another 10k to get back to where we had parked the car I did some more cool down stretches as my legs were in absolute agony at this point! I used my Dad's car to lean against to do some more stretches, handy his car being there! Thank God I didn't drive...





Me with my shiny medal! I'm so proud of it. It is now hanging in my bedroom for all to admire...






Me at my Grandma's house after the race. Don't laugh at my miserable face, I was tired and hurting all over and desperate for an alcoholic beverage and a massage.
I settled for a cup of tea, but I'm still holding out for my massage though...

4 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah the photos are really good (even if I did take some of them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the medal, me want one!! not fair haha.

    Im proud of you for completing the race, as I knew you would do it anyway, no matter what time!

    At-least you can be proud of yourself that you have completed your first ever proper race.

    Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I's commented before but nothing seems to be here so here I go again....

    Great pics - and a great achievement. Hope the legs have recovered!

    Claire
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the photos!!! AND the blog is still so good! How do you manage to find so much to say? you legend x

    ReplyDelete