"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Tuesday 2 March 2010

The Sun is Shining, the Grass is Green...

I was a bit miserable in my last post wasn't I, sorry about that.

We have now entered race month and positive thoughts are flowing my way I'm psyching myself up in preparation!

FINALLY we have sunshine! Hallelujah! No more ice patches or frozen faces, gotta love springtime!

They say that sunshine makes people feel happier and it really does, I stuck some feel good songs on my iPod and set off for a run this afternoon.

I took a friends advice and decided to test the Interval Training theory.
I ran as fast as I could for around half a mile then I walked for the other half a mile and then jogged for a further mile! It worked, I have hit a break-through point - hurray I hear you all cry!

(WARNING HERE COMES THE CONVENTIONAL MOANING PART AGAIN!)

Until (Sorry I can't possibly write a post without some form of moaning in there it would be rude not too)...

I injured myself. Not sure what it was but I got a sharp pain on my ankle bone (the one on the inside of my leg - don't ask for a medical term cos I ain't no doctor) and I had to stop. The pain came in waves when i pressed the heel of my foot onto the ground. I carried on walking to see if it would wear off and it did!

Some medical miracle came upon me (well after walking half a mile on my tiptoes) and the pain disappeared so I have no idea if this is good or bad? But for now I'm accepting that my ankle is ok - phew!

Putting my sensible cap on though I shall be wary of the ankle when out running don't worry. I know I can over-react sometimes, like that time when I thought I had Swine Flu cos I sneezed 3 times in a row; but I will have my mum (an ex-nurse) on standby with her Dr. Miriam Stoppard's medical book to query any twinge I get. It's the hypochondriac's Bible!
Another plus side from today is that my rubbing from my trainers that I thought was a blister (as mentioned in my last post) is not actually a blister it's all disappeared! Fingers crossed I won't get no more, I'm bedding my trainers in by walking round my room in them and dancing to a bit of Beyonce that should do the trick!

I've got the spring back into my step - literally! Roll on next training sesh for I am one happy chappy!

1 comment: