"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Friday 12 March 2010

Pressure, pushing down on me!

After an un-scheduled day off yesterday (due to too much cheap Portuguese wine the night before- my body is clearly not a temple!) I thought I'd better get back to training again today.

I took my good friend Becky (a highly skilled photographer - who totally did not pay me to say this) and got some snaps of me running/stretching, oh and a few of the ducks/squirrels/robins we saw along the way we can't resist some pretty animal pics!

So now I have photographic evidence that I HAVE been training!

(Slideshow to be added soon)

Ran about a mile again today on a very cold bleak day in Staffordshire and it felt okay. After running for a few minutes so Becky could take some pictures I had to stop for a few mins to catch my breath as per, but then I felt strong enough to continue running again!

A few weeks ago when I had the lung capacity of around 3% and the fitness levels of an obese 50 year-old, I would have ran a few hundred metres, stopped, collapsed on a bench and definitely not re-started.

So at last I see some progress in my fitness levels. It was shameful when I couldn't walk up stairs without getting out of puff but now give me a flight of stairs over a lift any day!

I started running not just so I had something to write my blog on, but so that I would become a lot more fitter in myself. I didn't plan on losing any weight I just wanted to tone my legs (like every 21 year-old does) and feel better about myself. And I do. I never thought I would ever be singing 'Exercises' praises but there you go, trying something new can be a good thing (if you skip through all the moaning/pain I've mentioned on here, it had to be done I'm sorry!)

Wow that was quite deep for a Friday afternoon, maybe it's all those endorphins running through my blood still who knows.

With the days dwindling away, I'm psyching myself up for the big day and the promise of a McDonald's (courtesy of my dad) when I complete the race. It's the simple things in life I love and yes food is up there at the top of my list...

The pressure is ON now and I like it, keeps me going and not humiliate myself by not finishing the race!

I've been raising money, running and finding time to write this blog!

There is a slight chance that I could be SuperWoman!

1 comment: