"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Monday 15 March 2010

Running with a cold monster

The cold is striking and there's no where to hide.

My body is 50% made up of orange juice at the minute. I'm sure my skin has a orangey glow to it. So great not only do I have a snotty nose but the look of a 15 year old chav with a bad fake tan as well. Wow someone up there loves me...

The annoying thing is one month ago I would have loved to have an excuse not to go outside and run at all, but now 6 days before my run I wake up feeling like death with a lack of motivation similar to a dog not wanting to go to the Vets.

This is a vicious cycle as I think running outside in the cold/rain/sleet over these last few weeks has sent my immune system into despair and has struck me down with a dreaded cold.

Tissues and Olbas Oil: Check

I've grudgingly given myself the day off today in order to let my anti-bodies KILL off those pesky cold germs.

I hope this works as I've planned to go swimming tomorrow where I plan to do at least 30 lengths to warm up my body for Sunday.

I may not want to unwrap myself from my dressing gown let alone parade around in a cossie tomorrow. We shall see anyway, just thought I'd update y'all about the running that sadly hasn't occurred today.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you have the family cold! But you can do it - you've come so far. And just think of that MaccyD meal waiting for you at the finishing line on Sunday.

    Keep up the training when you can - remember you can walk the 10k if you have to. You've done amazingly well so far!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!! :(

    That's what im suffering at the moment, bad cold which does not want to go away! I bet your feeling slightly anoyed like I am...

    You deserve one day off anyway from the hard work you have put in so far! GO SARAH WOOPWOOP!

    Forgot to mention beforehand...the moving image looks very cool at the top of the page!! :D

    ReplyDelete