"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Sunday 7 March 2010

Whiskey? No thank you I'd rather have tea

2 weeks till the race!! Where on earth has the time gone!!

If the weather is as sunny as it is today I'll be a happy runner! Rain? I'll be a grumpy moany horrible runner, my dad will definitely run on without me this time if i moan so I gotta suck it up and not be miserable on R-day (race day)

The nerves are beginning to kick in now as I'm on the last bit of countdown. My doubts about not completing the race have pretty much gone, the adrenalin and excitement have taken over!

I ran around 2 miles today in training as well - not all at once I'll admit but still I didn't stop too many times just once or thrice after I could no longer breathe and when I got cramp in my little toe.

I got a twinge in my ankle again - in the same place as before - but again it wore off after a few minutes of hobbling round the lake so who knows what it is but I hope it goes away I don't want injury getting in the way of my running!

Lots of friendly people out walking/feeding ducks/steering toy boats on the lake. I like it when they say 'Hi/Morning/What you got in that bottle- whiskey?' to me.
It spurs me on and makes me keep going. Mainly because I don't want to stop when they can still see me running in front of them and they know I only set off running just before I over-took them and their judging me!

Thank goodness for running round a lake - as soon as I get round a corner I come to a grinding halt. Although i forget that the track around the lake is quite exposed and wearing a purple hoody to go training in makes me more visible than a fox wearing a fluorescent jacket. I don't know stick with me please, I think my sugar levels may be a bit low.

It gets more embarrassing though when other runners jog past me several times when I'm still walking catching my breath, and the look in their eyes of 'Oh look she's still walking' bore into me.

I just stare straight back. Even the best runners (even my dad) have to stop sometimes to catch their breath back we are not all competing to be the next Usain Bolt so HA!

Ahem, sorry I'm not in the least bit jealous at all. Honest...

Time to go snack on some cardboard, sorry flapjack and maybe have a cuppa too - I've only had 3 cups today, I'm a northerner, my body's made up of 70% tea.

I was very tempted to go sit in this new cafe that's opened where I run that looks out onto the Lake and watch Stoke-on-Trent inhabitants go by. But somehow I don't think sitting in there for a hour pretending I ran 2 miles is going to help me in 14 days.

Do you think I can run with a flask of tea on the day of the 10k or request a nice brew to be waiting for me on one of the drinks tables half way round?

Don't answer that.

2 comments:

  1. superb running weather dont worry you can do it lv dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I'll have a nice cup of tea waiting for you when you finish (and you will) Luv Mum XXX

    ReplyDelete