"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Sunday 14 March 2010

1 WEEK TO GO!!!

1 WEEK TO GO! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW FAST IT HAS COME AROUND!!!

Ok, I'll stop shouting at you now, I'm just incredibly nervous/excited/happy/emotional!

Alas to bring down my peak of good spirits, I have been feeling a tad under the weather today and after sneezing several times I don't feel too good. Fantastic, cheers immune system. Time to hit the Orange juice, vitamin tablets, cold and flu tablets - anything I can throw at myself to bang this cold on the head before it begins!

I don't want to run next week if I'm all dribbly and having to run with a box of tissues. Bath and bed will seem more appealing!

Just when things were going to plan something blows it out of the water but being all philosophical 'That's life.'

Anyway standard moaning out of the way and back to telling you about my progress today, with training hours slowly diminishing before my very eyes (I regret the decision to put a countdown on my blog) I've got to keep going and plough through with this last big push this week.

I really pushed myself today and I once I got running I imagined what it would be like next Sunday resulting in me nearly tripped over my 'Puma' trainers and into the lake! Blooming heck! 6 miles is a LONG way! I only mostly ran, walked a bit of a feeble 2 and a bit miles today! Next weekend is gunna be a killer!

But as for today's poor performance (I wanted to do at least 3 miles) I'm partially going to blame me feeling a bit off today to not doing as far as I hoped.



The run was quite pleasant though in the March sunshine. Running past small dogs wearing coats and seeing a dog sat inside one of those trailer type things that are attached to their parents bikes, that kids usually sit in! It made me chuckle as I dodged past them and the kids on roller-blades and bikes and the fishermen...Ooh that reminds me that I still need to invest in a new bike and roller-skates!

This fitness malarkey is going to my head, I think I've gone back to being a 10 year old - I'm going to save up my pocket money for one of those bikes with a basket and streamers hanging from the handle bars I will look so COOL! They do them in adult sizes right? Don't burst my bubble please!!

Sorry my attention span isn't with it tonight - running, dogs and now bikes! So I'm off to relax, load myself up with cold tablets and order a Swedish Masseuse for next weekend after the run! Bye!

3 comments:

  1. Think we may still have your bike from when you were 10 somewhere at the back of the garage! Keep up the good work and DON'T get a cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two and a bit miles is almost a third - you'll know to pace yourself when you do the real thing (and probably get a second wind on your way round). Plus, a week is long enough time to get more practice in so you're uber-prepared.

    Go Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad your pushing yourself and getting this challenge/achievement completed (hopefully!)!

    Nice to see your still keeping it up and I hope you wrap up warm in this cold weather spells!!

    ReplyDelete