"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Monday 19 April 2010

Race schedule - Training our way to a mere 5k!

With 9 short weeks to go before the second race of my life (I'm not counting the one I did when I was 10 - far too traumatising to include!) I've devised a training schedule for me and my friends to try to stick too!


I've started it from the 8 weeks before race day so that gives just one last week before I become like the scary American guy off Celebrity Fit Club and try to train myself and bully my friends into running the whole 5k!


TERMINOLOGY IN THE LIST!


Walk: A nice fast walking pace!
Jog: Gentle running pace (should still able to chat easily throughout so don't go too fast!)
Walk/Jog: Walk for a bit then Jog for a bit! Alternate the cycle - shake things up a bit!
Run: Faster pace than jogging but still able to chat to friends (not all the time though ladies!)
Rest: Take a day off exercise or better still keep up the fitness and go swimming or to the gym!


I've had to set the training schedule out as a list instead as a table so it would fit into the blog - me and technology have a love/hate relationship!

Over each week there is a slightly different training plan which I hope is clear in the list below!

Weeks until run - 8 (Week commencing 2nd May)

Mon - REST

Tues - 1 mile walk/jog

Wed - REST

Thurs - 1 mile walk/jog

Fri - REST

Sat - 30 minute walk

Sun - 1 mile walk/jog

Weeks until run - 7 (Week commencing 9th May)

Mon - REST

Tues - 1 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 1 mile walk/jog

Fri - REST

Sat - 30 minute walk

Sun - 1 mile walk/jog


Weeks until run - 6 (Week commencing 16th May)

Mon - REST

Tues - 1 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 1 mile jog/run

Fri - REST

Sat - 40 minute walk

Sun - 1 mile jog/run


Weeks until run - 5 (Week commencing 23rd May)

Mon - REST

Tues - 1 1/2 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 1 mile jog/run

Fri - REST

Sat - 40 minute walk

Sun - 1 mile jog/run


Weeks until run - 4 (Week commencing 30th May)

Mon - REST

Tues - 1 1/2 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 1 1/2 mile jog/run

Fri - REST

Sat - 50 minute walk

Sun - 2 mile jog/run


Weeks until run - 3 (Week commencing 6th June)

Mon - REST

Tues - 1 1/2 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 1 1/2 mile jog/run

Fri - REST

Sat - 50 minute walk

Sun - 2 mile run


Weeks until run - 2 (Week commencing 13th June)

Mon - REST

Tues - 2 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 2 mile jog/run

Fri - REST

Sat - 60 minute walk

Sun - 2 1/2 mile run


Last week before the run! (Week commencing 20th June)

Mon - REST

Tues - 2 mile walk/jog

Weds - REST

Thurs - 1 1/2 mile walk/jog

Fri - REST

Sat - REST

SUNDAY 27th JUNE- RACE FOR LIFE 5K WISH US LUCK!


Hopefully by the time we do Race For Life we will be very fit and run it in an superb time! Fingers crossed!


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to you bullying me into this training programme, so that i too can become a running machine like you.
    I like the amount of REST days involved.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete