"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Race for my life?

I have finally entered another race you will be pleased to know. Bowt bloody time I hear you say!

Well I'm all signed up to do the annual Race For Life in Doncaster on the 27th June with two of my friends to get me through this one!

This is only a 5k so I should be okay right?

I aimed high in my first race now I'm building up slowly again after having plenty of recuperating time! I know I really should have began at a 5k and worked up to a 10k, but what can I say I don't do things textbook or make life easy for myself! God loves a trier!

I'm again planning to run this in my tutu (it's become my thing now to run around in my hand made tutu I think it likes the limelight!) but this time I may add some silly face-paint and a wig - might as well go the whole hog!

With the London Marathon happening this coming weekend, I'm going to be avidly watching it on TV (not even attempting to run it don't worry! Can you imagine?!) like I do every year and think of how amazing it would be to run it.

It's definitely on my to do list before I'm 30, that gives me a good 8 and a bit years to train. I don't know if that's long enough to be honest after my poor display at running the 10k!

I am ambitious I know but I really really want to do the Marathon one year! From my dad telling me all about how exciting it is and how amazing the crowd are it makes me almost want to sign up right now (alright I know I can't till later this year if my body was actually prepared to take part next year!)

Swimming tomorrow and maybe even a cheeky run snuck in there too. My trainers are beginning to gather dust. Whilst we have this nice patch of beautiful weather might as well take advantage of it and go and see my good old friend Westport Lake again. How I have missed thee...

...Flashback of the pain/geese/strange people fishing

I may have just changed my mind...

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, im one of them friends, ive recently found out im asthmatic... im determined to make it round the whole of the track, running! also wearing an awesome tutu :D SARAH we CAN do this!!!
    Love you lotss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well least now you have done the 10k you can do this one easily. Especially as you did so well in the 10k and remember you get a medal out of it.

    I am so proud once again.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew you would be doing another Sarah, Weldone on the commitment side of things!!!

    Im sure you will have great "fun" doing the 5k, atleast its half on the last one, so should be half the pain in theory? haha.

    Wishing you all the luck

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh thats so cool that youre doing another race! youll be minttttt. gutted im not there to do it aswell! (well actually im not cos im a fat bitch :p)
    LOVE YOU WELLSY x

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY i made it into your blog.
    You will run/jog/fast walk 5k easily after getting through the 10k...i on the other hand can't even run for a train without feeling like i may die. I need your help running machine.
    So proud of you for sticking with this running business.
    Love you
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete