"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Friday 26 February 2010

Rain, Rick Astley, Running - just another day of training!

Rain is not my friend. Neither are pigeons or teenage chavs, but we won't go into that today.

I defied all weather reports I half heard on the radio this morning saying to stay inside if possible as it's going to be a cold miserable day. Well they weren't wrong there but instead of hanging up my trainers for today, I battled it out in the rain to run one mile round the lake instead, (just one mile, aren't you running a 10k in 3 weeks I hear you say? My edited reply is; 'I don't care you try it in the rain!')and got absolutely drenched in the process.

I think this photo reflects my mood perfectly



Numb face + wet clothes = bad day of training

I sensibly did wear a hat, gloves and my brand new trainers though(they feel like running on air! see picture below) but then realised I forgot my beloved iPod.



This ensued with me singing Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (I have no idea why this 80's tune was in my head, it's catchy though and I bet you're humming it now) and saying 'Good morning' to every duck I passed on the bank of the lake.

It kept me amused anyway. Westport Lake is a very quiet place to run, especially on a dreary rainy February morning but Astley and common courteous got me through.

Have I reached an insane point yet? Has the frequency of running alone inflicted on my mental health? The Jury is out...

3 comments:

  1. geezz it looks cold sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me b4 i found out how to create an account! lol u need a degree to work this thing!! never been on blogger b4!

    ReplyDelete