"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Friday 26 February 2010

You've got to be kidding right?

Flicking through a magazine I found abandoned in my bedroom under a big pile of clothes, I came across something that honestly horrified me when I read it. So much so that now I'm scared of running in case this happens to me. Horrendous, disgusting are just a few words to describe it.

I've heard of pretty rough injuries that runners can get - the blisters, runner's knee, muscles tears and strains the typical injuries you would associate with running. I've even prepared myself for 'jogger's nipple' even this doesn't scare me anymore - I'm now the owner of a unsightly sports bra (don't laugh its hideous.)

But this that i found is most definitely the worse thing that could possibly happen on race day to me...




Runners' diarrhoea

Cue major freak out by me as Sod's law is bound to put me in the 20-50 % of runners who are 'troubled' with this problem. I'm now making sure I don't eat 3 hours before I run and I will invest in some 'Rennie', pronto.

If I happen to be struck by this messy mishap then;
a) I won't be telling any of you...

and b) My relationship with running will be over. Finito.

3 comments:

  1. That's actually amazing. I hope you get it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. U won't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first im anonymous then im bag.puss! cant get the hang of this thng. luv mum. x

    ReplyDelete