"I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!

Thursday 18 February 2010

Something's gotta give...

Two days into Lent and I have not touched any crisps or chocolate like I vowed! I think I may be going through some sort of early-twenties life crisis! Taking up running then giving up two of my favourite things in the world! Insanity doesn't even compare.

Third day of running today as well and I ran the furthest I have ran to date, okay it was still only about a mile and I had to stop twice for fear of collapsing but still I'm improving. Having the ability to run one mile out of six is good right?

My new favourite place to run is Westport Lake (about 10 minutes down the road from Stoke) as it's lovely and quiet and I haven't had anyone shouting distasteful comments at me...yet! I also enjoyed seeing a squirrel and a robin whilst running today so much so that I went all touristy and took photos! I actually found real wildlife in Stoke-on-Trent!






Click here for more info on Westport Lake

The lake has around a mile circumference so is perfect for me to guesstimate how far I can run so far! The only thing I have to contend with is the geese and pigeons - those of you who know me well know of my irrational fear of both these birds. Running past them makes them even more jittery causing squeals of panic from me in a pitch that I'm sure only dogs can hear. But I'm not going to let those pesky birds stop me from running, I just stick my Ipod in and sing loudly at them to scare them off! Sarah 1 - Birds 0

Plus side of today, is that I have now chosen which charity to run for, one that is particularly close to my heart - or lungs I guess - is Asthma UK! I figured that a charity may as well benefit from my struggles! I have set up a JustGiving page for anyone to donate anything from 10p to £10. It will be great for me at the end of the race to have a good chunk of money to hand to the charity to go alongside my aching feet and muscles!

1 comment: